Preface: yes… it is embarrassing to admit, but I love reality tv.
One day I was searching on Netflix for something to watch. And lo and behold, Netflix has ten seasons of the Biggest Loser. Hello new addiction, goodbye countless hours.
I watch this show all the time. When I’m doing my hair before work, getting ready for a run, killing some time before an outing. I have already watched half of the seasons and I’m not even close to being sick of it! Biggest Loser has become my go-to show…
It’s just so good, I can’t stop watching. And I still can’t tell if I should be embarrassed to admit that.
Five (wonderful) reasons why I love The Biggest Loser
1. It’s inspirational. I mean, nothing can better television than people trying to change their lives. These morbidly obese contestants join the show so they can become healthier and happier people. They are literally working their asses off (I mean literally! Have you seen those before and after photos?!) Watching people workout of course motivates me to get my ass in the gym. It’s like reality tv is trying to help me…. (Am I justifying my addiction? whatever.)
2. It’s an emotional roller coster. You can ask Steven… one minute I’m sitting there, enjoying the show and the next minute I’m crying my little brown eyes out. This show throws everything at you… backstory, heartbreak, betrayal. And I happily strap myself in for the emotional ups and downs. It’s addicting reality tv and I love every second of it.
3. Bob Harper rocks. That’s all that needs to be said.
4. It’s educational. Yes, the in-product placement is cheesy and annoying), but there are some great tips to take away from the show. The ones about food and food substitutions have really helped me become healthier. And I’m not going to lie, I have taken some of the exercises they do on the show. It’s like free personal training… kind of.
5. Allison Sweeney has an awesome stylist. Seriously, some of her clothes on the show are to die for. Maybe because she’s always standing next to the contestants in their fluorescent t-shirts and spandex, but I would love a couple seconds in her wardrobe room. And her job as the host is awesome. I’m envious.